Friday, December 11, 2009

I'm thankful for...

1.) My Church Calling...
I'm thankful for my calling at church. Brent and I are on the activities committee. I actually love my calling. We are getting ready for the ward Christmas party this Saturday. It's been great to be involved in helping put things together. It's an easy way to get to know people and feel like you belong while also doing some service.

2.) Banks who are unwilling to work with you....
Odd as it may sound I'm actually thankful for our mortgage company Bank of Satan America. This time last year we were fighting with our mortgage company because our adjustable rate was about to go up. Brent being out of work and a full time student we were living off of student loans and couldn't afford the $300 a month increase. We prayed and prayed about what to do and decided to put our house up for short sale. It's been a year fighting with the bank. We've had 5 buyers walk away because the bank has been unwilling to negotiate. We just found out yesterday that our house will be sold at auction on Monday Dec 14 over a difference of $8000. Brent and I were talking about this last night and we both feel that even though this has been a trial we have truly been blessed to be where we are. We are in a house we love, in a neighborhood we love, and in a ward we adore. It's amazing how much Heavenly Father can bless us.

3.) Christmas cookies....
It's always fun to make cookies with my kids. Yesterday we had fun playing around with a cookie press that I got a long time ago but had never used. We made cute little Christmas tree butter cookies. Even used green food coloring to make the dough more festive. Each child got a spoon or a beater to lick. They got to take turns using the cookie press, and every one loved the taste of the warm cookies from the oven. Life is sweet.

4.) There was no damage...
I'm thankful that there was no damage done to our durango when a tree fell on top of it earlier this week. 

5.) Christmas break...
I don't know how greatful I will be in three weeks, but I'm thankful that today is the last day of school for the boys. It will be fun having them home. We will be doing a lot of baking and gift wrapping over the next few days.   

No comments: