Friday, December 4, 2009

Gratitude....

So I've decided that on Fridays I'm going to write about 5 things I'm thankful for. It's a good way to keep things in perspective and to remember how good my life really is.

1.) New Friends...
















I am thankful for Bryan's new friend. His name is Alex and lives just two doors down from us. I'm so happy Bryan has found someone he can play with and talk to. It's also filled my heart to see how big Bryan's heart is. The first time Bryan talked to Alex it was while walking home from school.
Alex's bike broke just as they turned on our street. I was waiting outside for the boys when I saw Bryan stop to talk to a boy on his bike. Connor came running home telling me that Bryan was trying to help this boy fix his bike. Next thing I knew Bryan and this boy were in my garage working on the problem. Bryan reminds me so much of his dad, always wanting to help those in need. After about 20 minutes the bike was fixed and Alex was on his way home. Since then they've been really good friends. I'm thankful to have a son with such a caring heart.

2.) Cooler Weather...

I am so thankful that the weather has finally cooled down. It has been so lovely to be able to have our windows open during the day. It's nice to let the fresh air in. My favorite part about the cooler weather though is the night time. I love being able to wrap up in blankets up to my eyeballs and feel the cold air on my face. This really is my favorite time of the year.

3.) Hot Chocolate...


Now that it's colder I'm thankful for hot chocolate. Chocolate in any form is truly a blessing. However there is just something about hot chocolate that is both comforting and soul filling. I don't know if it's because of the memories of childhood that fill my mind as the smell of creamy chocolate goodness comes from my mug; or if it's because I'm always reminded of family and the comfort of home. With every sip it's like being wrapped in a warm chocolate hug. (Did I mention I like chocolate?) My children love hot chocolate. They all stand around the stove watching the steam come from the pan. Fighting over who gets to put in the marshmallows. The best part about hot chocolate are the chocolate mustaches and smiles that remain once the mug is empty.

4.) Being at home...


After having to work the last few Christmas' at your friendly neighborhood Walmart I am so thankful this year to be at home. I'm able to do all the things that I've really missed. Decorate my home with all of our decorations that we've collected over the years, bake cookies, watch old Christmas movies on tv, etc. I guess you could say that I'm thankful for time. Time spent with my family is my favorite thing in the world.

5.) Gratitude...

I am honestly thankful to have a heart filled with gratitude. These last few years have been extremely difficult. Full of burden and trial. I can look back on those now and feel blessed by the experience. I was taught many things. I learned that my family is my home and a house is just the walls that surround it. I feel we can overcome anything as long as we do it together. I know I'm stronger than I ever thought. I'm thankful for the things I have such as my husband and children, and the knowledge to know what's really important. When things were really tough it was hard to be thankful but now I wouldn't trade that time for anything. I feel my life is richer for the experience and that is something to really be full of thanks for.


with love
~amy


No comments: