Sunday, December 6, 2009

Girls and dolls...


Heidi loves playing with her babies. I often check on her at night before I go to sleep and find several babies or stuffed animals tucked in beside her. They are usually covered up in one of Heidi's shirts or a hand towel. The last time she did this some of her smaller babies were covered up with a diaper from her cabbage patch doll. So for Heidi's birthday I decided to make her a blanket and pillow for her babies. We went to the fabric store and Heidi picked out this really cute material. It had to be pink of course and has all these cute little baby things on it.


We ended up with enough material to make 2 blankets, 2 pillows and 4 burp cloths. Heidi told me her babies were very excited for their new things. Heidi helped to stuff one of the pillows, but when one of the blankets was finished she had to try it out to see if her baby liked it. Next thing I knew she had sweet talked Connor into finishing stuffing the pillows.

As soon as I finished with everything I went to go check on my little mommy. She was in her room telling her babies it was dark outside and time to go to sleep. Heidi lovingly tucked her babies in and kissed them on their little heads. Heidi told me how they would be warm now but they won't stop fighting over the burp cloths. Little girls are so cute.


I couldn't help but take a few quick pictures of my adorable girl before leaving her alone to play with her babies.

When I walked past her room a little while later I couldn't help but stop and watch. She had lined up her dolls in front of her kitchen. Placed all the new bedding on the floor in front of them, and was taking pictures of everything using a box of crayons as a camera. Oh she makes me laugh. What an imagination!

1 comment:

nancyandcort said...

She's so silly ... and female! I love when they play like that!